The Business of Property follows the journey of two entrepreneurs working in the property world.
Stuart is a property investor with a focus on HMOs, mostly for the student market. He prefers a hands-off approach with most of his investment properties being remote.
Simon has a small portfolio of vanilla buy-to-let properties that he mostly self-manages. To make his property management easier he created Property and Tenant Manager.
Simon and Stuart, along with guests, discuss the ups and downs they're experiencing in their property businesses. Along the way they share property news, business tips and anything else that happens to crop up their weekly chats.
Popular episodes include:
- Property investment terms - great if you're just getting started in property and need some help understanding the common jargon.
- Property strategy terms - another jargon busting episode that's great if you're early in your property journey or considering changing your property strategy.
- Changes for landlords in 2020 - every year brings new regulations to the property sector and 2020 is no different, listen to this episode to hear some of the major changes and check the show notes for details on others.
- Other great (property) podcasts - what have Stuart and Simon been listening to recently and recommend in the podcast world, not just property related.
- Less property but relevant to everyone is a discussion on time management.
- Last but not least are a couple of episodes that talk about angel investing and property finance more widely.