Should you worry about the rental reforms?
July 13th, 2022
28 mins 39 secs
About this Episode
This week Simon and Stuart chat about Section 24 tax and some of the proposed changes in the recent rental reform white paper.
The discussion this week includes:
- Last weeks episode.
- Simon has made a decision on how to buy.
- June's rental reform white paper.
- Section 24 is in full force and will really start to bite with increasing interest rates.
- Test the impact of increasing interest rates with PaTMa's buy-to-let profit calculator.
- Mortgage lenders a relaxing their stress testing (but not for BTL).
- Loosing Section 21.
- Strengthening Section 8.
- How are student lets affected by removing Section 21.
- What about students with no fixed/minimum term?
- You can now find us on on YouTube.
- Find us on Twitter or LinkedIn: Stuart, Simon.
Please leave us a rating and review if you're enjoying the show.
This podcast is produced in association with PaTMa, the leading application for self managing landlords who want to save time and stay compliant. Easily track properties, tenancies, tenants, repairs, rent, mortgage payments and safety certificates. Get your FREE account today.