Stuart and Simon are joined by mortgage expert Lee to discuss more of the impacts of COVID-19 on the property world, this time with a focus around financing and mortgages.
We chat about all sorts of changes and impacts including:
- Mortgage holidays and how lenders are adapting to cope with the demand.
- Desktop valuations and their increased role.
- Looking for new approaches, maybe with drones!
- Enquiries are down, but those that remain are more serious.
- All the talk about mortgages is spurring some landlords to use the idle time for remortgaging.
- The recent base rate reductions.
Lee's business has been built with home working in mind from the start and he provides some tips on helping to keep your company communications working well with a remote team.
Could this crisis lead to unexpected improvements for business and maybe even the world?
Lee is a director of OnPoint Mortgages.
Note: this episode was recorded on the 31st March. Thanks to Simon's son for the audio version of the pre-episode reminder of this!