Stuart and Simon chat to Imran Lokhon about the planning permission process and other property business topics including sourcing, development and building property teams.
The discussion this week includes:
- How Imran got started in property (and planning).
- Imran's podcast.
- Starting in property sourcing.
- Around 2008 was a very lucrative time to be buying property.
- Travel still needed to get deals with good yield.
- Providing end-to-end sourcing.
- Get clear about your ideal client.
- Choosing areas based on yield, market opportunity and the local team.
- Evaluating letting agents.
- Progressing with property flipping.
- Developing properties into multiple units.
- The National Planning Policy Framework.
- Local authorities are now more open to development.
- More, and early, communication to improve planning for local authorities and developers.
- The 4 most important things to think about when considering a planning application.
- Go pastel!
- Find Imran at Modus Academy.
Please leave us a rating and review if you're enjoying the show.