Join Stuart, Simon and special guest Emma as they talk about retro-fitting property for better energy efficiency and comfort. Make sure you catch Emma's dancing trio!
The chat this week includes:
- Bills inclusive rent (eg for HMOs) is a concern.
- Heating controlls (eg Time:o:stat).
- Insulating well can remove the need to worry about heating management.
- Start simple! 34% of homes with lofts are not insulated!.
- Old insulation might need replacing (or increasing).
- Always check the loft!
- How to insulate suspended wooden floors (eg in a Victorian terrace).
- "String" to insulate between floorboards - DraughtEx.
- Emma's dancing trio - insulation, draught proofing, and ventilation.
- Heat exchange ventilation (for a Victorian terrace).
- Insulating a concrete floor.
- Limitations of EPCs when retrofitting.
- Dew points.
- What is a lambda value for insulation.
- Issues with builder education - issues with a standard practice of battening off to create voids.
- Find us on Twitter or LinkedIn: Stuart, Simon.
Please leave us a rating and review if you're enjoying the show.
This podcast is produced in association with PaTMa, the leading application for self managing landlords who want to save time and stay compliant. Easily track properties, tenancies, tenants, repairs, rent, mortgage payments and safety certificates. Get your FREE account today.