Simon and Stuart are talking about the new (much higher) mortgage stress test rates and their real world effect. Plus a real-world analysis of a tracker vs fixed mortgage rates over the last 20 years.
The chat this week includes:
- Last weeks episode on mortgage rates.
- Try out the new stress rates using the PaTMa buy-to-let profit calculator.
- Don't miss fixed rate mortgage expiry dates with Property Manager.
- The scary new stress test rates - and how they look in practice.
- GetGround research.
- Cash buying for higher ROI.
- Comparing the cost of a (real) tracker mortgage vs fixed rate mortgage(s) over the last 20 years.
- Bank of England base rate history.
- Historic fixed mortgage rates from Statista.
- Recent fixed mortgage rate data from the Bank of England.
- Simon's tracker vs fixed analysis spreadsheet.
- Saving £56,000 over 20 years!
- Find us on Twitter, YouTube or LinkedIn: Stuart, Simon.
Please leave us a rating and review if you're enjoying the show.
This podcast is produced in association with PaTMa, the leading application for self managing landlords who want to save time and stay compliant. Easily track properties, tenancies, tenants, repairs, rent, mortgage payments and safety certificates. Get your FREE account today.