Stuart talks about his problem tenant situation and the current tenant eviction rules which seem to be the subject of weekly government announcements at the moment.
The discussion this week includes:
- Problem tenants, of the not-paying kind.
- Changing eviction notice periods and rules.
- Communication is key.
- The new normal is (generally) six months notice.
- There are some notice period exceptions though!
- Tenants need to take ownership and communicate to make new plans.
- Scotland's tenant hardship loans for rent arrears.
- Should landlords be left holding the can.
- The business of property does have inherent risks that must be accepted.
For the keen eared - the change in sound near the end was due to a recording issue and Stuart needing to repeat what he'd said, not because we had to cut out a long rant!
As predicted, there have indeed been more eviction rule changes since we recorded.
If you've enjoyed this podcast, please tell someone else about it.