Simon and Stuart chat about a recent article in the Financial Times claiming property transactions are increasing thanks to the stamp duty holiday. Show notes include a link to the source data.
This week's conversation covered:
- House sales climb for second month.
- Based on HMRC figures using stamp duty records (direct PDF link).
- Too early to be from the stamp duty holiday.
- High LTV mortgage products are currently rare.
- Transactions are recovering well, but they're currently still down from last year.
- Was the stamp duty holiday too early?
- Will the stamp duty holiday be extended?
- A lot of the recovery in transactions will just be catching up from what was missed.
- Sold, STC!
- On the market for less than 10 days.
- Home information packs to speed up conveyancing.
- Don't believe the blockchain hype!
If you've enjoyed this podcast, please tell someone else about it.