The Business of Property follows the journey of two entrepreneurs working in the property world.
Stuart is a property investor with a focus on HMOs, mostly for the student market. He prefers a hands-off approach with most of his investment properties being remote.
Simon has a small portfolio of vanilla buy-to-let properties that he mostly self-manages. To make his property management easier he created Property and Tenant Manager.
Simon and Stuart, along with guests, discuss the ups and downs they're experiencing in their property businesses. Along the way they share property news, business tips and anything else that happens to crop up their weekly chats.
Popular episodes include:
- Property investment terms - great if you're just getting started in property and need some help understanding the common jargon.
- Property strategy terms - another jargon busting episode that's great if you're early in your property journey or considering changing your property strategy.
- Changes for landlords in 2020 - every year brings new regulations to the property sector and 2020 is no different, listen to this episode to hear some of the major changes and check the show notes for details on others.
- Other great (property) podcasts - what have Stuart and Simon been listening to recently and recommend in the podcast world, not just property related.
- Less property but relevant to everyone is a discussion on time management.
- Last but not least are a couple of episodes that talk about angel investing and property finance more widely.
April 8th, 2020 | 27 mins 16 secs
Emma returns to join Simon and Stuart, chatting about why and how she got started in her property business.
April 1st, 2020 | 24 mins 27 secs
Simon and Stuart are settling into the new lock-down normal, struggling to keep track of the days, but otherwise still moving forwards with their property businesses.
March 25th, 2020 | 19 mins 44 secs
Stuart and Simon chat about updates in their property businesses, especially in light of the rapidly and drastically changing world we currently live in!
March 18th, 2020 | 25 mins 28 secs
Simon and Stuart are joined this week by Emma! Given everyone is talking about the current virus outbreak, we thought we'd join in. The conversation covers what's happening already in the property world as well as what might be coming.
March 11th, 2020 | 22 mins 15 secs
Stuart and Simon talk about financing property and how they do it.
March 4th, 2020 | 23 mins 4 secs
Stuart and Simon provide updates ranging from football coaching to property angel investment.
February 26th, 2020 | 24 mins 3 secs
What can you do with a property?
February 19th, 2020 | 24 mins 1 sec
A starter glossary for some of the "stuff" that we talk about in property.
February 12th, 2020 | 25 mins 40 secs
One property, two estate agents, 150k difference in valuation!
February 5th, 2020 | 18 mins 47 secs
Where do you spend your time? How do you know? How do you plan your future time?
January 29th, 2020 | 32 mins 5 secs
Every year brings new regulations and changes to the property market. Stuart and Simon discuss some of the changes landlords need to be aware of that are coming in 2020. With only a few distractions along the way.
January 22nd, 2020 | 19 mins
Stamp duty with the legal ombudsman and transparency selling tenanted property.