The Business of Property follows the journey of two entrepreneurs working in the property world.
Stuart is a property investor with a focus on HMOs, mostly for the student market. He prefers a hands-off approach with most of his investment properties being remote.
Simon has a small portfolio of vanilla buy-to-let properties that he mostly self-manages. To make his property management easier he created Property and Tenant Manager.
Simon and Stuart, along with guests, discuss the ups and downs they're experiencing in their property businesses. Along the way they share property news, business tips and anything else that happens to crop up their weekly chats.
Popular episodes include:
- Property investment terms - great if you're just getting started in property and need some help understanding the common jargon.
- Property strategy terms - another jargon busting episode that's great if you're early in your property journey or considering changing your property strategy.
- Changes for landlords in 2020 - every year brings new regulations to the property sector and 2020 is no different, listen to this episode to hear some of the major changes and check the show notes for details on others.
- Other great (property) podcasts - what have Stuart and Simon been listening to recently and recommend in the podcast world, not just property related.
- Less property but relevant to everyone is a discussion on time management.
- Last but not least are a couple of episodes that talk about angel investing and property finance more widely.
January 20th, 2021 | 31 mins 42 secs
Stuart and Simon try to look at resources that you need to consider when planning property investment and get a little sidetracked into discussing personal vs limited company ownership of investment property.
January 13th, 2021 | 30 mins 38 secs
Responding to listener feedback, Simon and Stuart are starting a series of discussions about starting property investment. Initially with reasons and why this week, then covering early decisions, processes and even real potential properties.
January 6th, 2021 | 23 mins 30 secs
Stuart and Simon are looking ahead to what their 2021 might hold and more specifically how they're getting it started.
December 30th, 2020 | 18 mins 41 secs
This week is a mix of news, updates and reviewing the goals Simon and Stuart set themselves for 2020.
December 23rd, 2020 | 41 mins 39 secs
In a slightly longer than normal episode, Stuart and Simon look back over their topics of property conversation in 2020. Bringing new insights, updates and the benefit of hindsight into the discussion.
December 16th, 2020 | 27 mins 28 secs
Simon and Stuart talk about their latest property updates - there's a lot going on!
December 9th, 2020 | 29 mins 38 secs
Stuart and Simon take a thorough look at recent experience of getting back into doing rent to rent deals.
December 2nd, 2020 | 26 mins
Simon and Stuart are back with more updates this week, with several things changing already.
November 25th, 2020 | 23 mins 59 secs
Stuart and Simon provide updates on their recent property experiences and chat about viewings, mortgages and the stamp duty holiday (again).
November 18th, 2020 | 18 mins 27 secs
Emma joins Simon and Stuart once again to chat about the world (and property market) from her view running an estate agency.
November 11th, 2020 | 26 mins 24 secs
Simon and Stuart chat through a couple of graphs showing how the property market has behaved so far this year.
November 4th, 2020 | 23 mins 40 secs
Stuart and Simon discuss a Covid-19 influenced viewing experience, stamp duty and the speed (or not) of completing a sale.