The Business of Property follows the journey of two entrepreneurs working in the property world.
Stuart is a property investor with a focus on HMOs, mostly for the student market. He prefers a hands-off approach with most of his investment properties being remote.
Simon has a small portfolio of vanilla buy-to-let properties that he mostly self-manages. To make his property management easier he created Property and Tenant Manager.
Simon and Stuart, along with guests, discuss the ups and downs they're experiencing in their property businesses. Along the way they share property news, business tips and anything else that happens to crop up their weekly chats.
Popular episodes include:
- Getting started in property - the first in a mini series discussing topics to consider when starting in property investment.
- Property investment terms - great if you're just getting started in property and need some help understanding the common jargon.
- Property strategy terms - another jargon busting episode that's great if you're early in your property journey or considering changing your property strategy.
- Less property but relevant to everyone is a discussion on time management.
- Last but not least are a couple of episodes that talk about angel investing and property finance more widely.
December 11th, 2019 | 17 mins 59 secs
Remortgage update and slow transactions
December 4th, 2019 | 18 mins 5 secs
HMO vs single let!
November 27th, 2019 | 21 mins 38 secs
Stuart and Simon discuss auction results, recent and from the more distant past. With a wider chat about "reading" auction rooms.
November 20th, 2019 | 23 mins 9 secs
Chatting about the property viewing process.
November 13th, 2019 | 17 mins 44 secs
Stuart and Simon talk about some properties that they've recently viewed as potential investments.